BB5000 Boring Machine
The most powerful boring machine in its class, the power and flexibility of the BB5000 Portable Boring Machine is industry leading.
Exclusive CLIMAX patented mounting components provide the flexibility to handle tough boring jobs, even when used in cramped, tight workspaces.
Features and Benefits
Quick and Easy Set up
- Modular components make set up quick and easy.
- Fast and easy set up using high quality cast iron set up cones and spherical bearing mounts.
- Patented spherical bearing mounting system allows quick setup, with up to 5° of bearing misalignment.
- Typical set up time for an experienced operator is 30 minutes or less.
- Up to 650 lb.ft (881 Nm) of torque at the bar which is more than any other portable boring machine in its boring range.
- Specially designed rotational drive unit provides 4:1 or optional 12:1 or worm gear reduction for increased torque at all speeds
Flexible, High Quality Design
- Through bar design allows the rotational drive and feed unit to be mounted anywhere along the bar, even separately.
- Patented heavy duty spherical bearing mounts ensure rigid attachment to the work piece for more effective machining.
- Highly customisable to meet a variety of needs.
- Available in electric, servo, hydraulic, or pneumatic motor configurations.
- Reversible electric motor.
- Fast, easy two bolt change out process to switch motors.
- Available in a variety of bar lengths, from 4 – 24 feet (1219.2 – 7315.2 mm).
- Bars are straightened, and have ½ inch or 12 mm square broached tooling holes.
- Accessories allow the BB5000 to be used for blind boring, line boring, drilling, facing, and valve repair.
- An interface kit allows attachment and quick alignment of the CLIMAX Auto Bore Welders for efficient bore welding.
- Extremely compact for ease of use in cramped, tight work spaces.
- Drive and feed can be mounted between bearings for use in even more confined spaces.
Flexible, high quality design
Through bar design allows the rotational drive and feed unit to be mounted anywhere along the bar, even separately.
Patented heavy duty spherical bearing mounts ensure rigid attachment to the work piece for more effective machining.