Who Should Attend?
Candidates with relevant previous machining experience, as well as candidates with a basic mechanical background preferably in pipe fitting and mechanical fitting.
- Course and trainer introduction
- Safety overview to identify the hazards and risks involved with onsite pipe cutting and beveling.
- AFC Clamshell operation presentation.
- AFC Clamshell Pipe cut and weld preparation document.
- Exercise to correctly identify the equipment required to carry out a pipe cut and weld preparation operation.
- Group discussion and day 1 overview.
- Technicians to perform a pipe cut and weld preparation under trainer supervision.
- Weld exaction mock up demonstration.
- Technicians to perform a weld excavation under trainer supervision.
- Knowledge test.
- Course overview and debrief.